The MH Line
Welcome to TheMHLine's website. Please regester to use the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The MH Line
Welcome to TheMHLine's website. Please regester to use the forums.
The MH Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bought some new sleepy creek 13/4

2 posters

Go down

bought some new sleepy creek 13/4 Empty bought some new sleepy creek 13/4

Post  vatrapper Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:09 pm

just wanted to know if any body could help me with tuning these traps filed the dog and took the slack out uf the dog anthing else they are either to much pan tension or not enough got my hand twice trying to tap fox any info would help thanks

vatrapper

Back to top Go down

bought some new sleepy creek 13/4 Empty Re: bought some new sleepy creek 13/4

Post  Elkhunter4life Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:55 am

if there is any play in the pan it can have alot to do with the amount of tension that the trap will go off at also i would put a nightlatch on them so you can tell when they are hot and ready to go. The audible click lets you know no more fingers in the trap cuz yer askin for it. I have many traps that have a very limited amount that they can be adjusted or tinkered with and they are hard to know when there hot and when they will go off so i set the with a hard nightlatch and have the dogs filed flat on the front face and angled on the bottom side also the top of the dog is filed to have a single point of contact with the pan so it sets harder into the pan but still have them smooth and fast but more realible in that you know that it will hold. Hope that this will help. Rooney(TC1 Wildlife control)
Elkhunter4life
Elkhunter4life

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum