The MH Line
Welcome to TheMHLine's website. Please regester to use the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The MH Line
Welcome to TheMHLine's website. Please regester to use the forums.
The MH Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcat Trapping

2 posters

Go down

Bobcat Trapping Empty Bobcat Trapping

Post  patrapper65 Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:25 pm

What is the best set up for trapping bobcats? I have heard that cubby sets and dirt hole sets have their advantages and disadvantages. In PA, bait can be used, but is not allowed to be seen from the air. Is there a way to attract their attention without the use of bait? Also, what exactly is the best environment for bobcat to habitat. I have heard anywhere from dense brush paths to rock ledges. I know ultimately I have to look for sign, it's just knowing where to look. Any advise would be great. Thanks for reading.
patrapper65
patrapper65

Back to top Go down

Bobcat Trapping Empty Re: Bobcat Trapping

Post  Lyndeew2 Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:37 am

I’ve only used cubby sets, so that the cat can be released fairly easy, without a hassel. I don’t trap for the fur because I'm only allowed one a year here unless I take a trip to the U.P. then I can take two, and would rather catch it with the hounds! I trap a lot of fox and coyote, and have a buddy that’s really good a catching bobcats. He takes a beaver carcass and sticks it in a leaning tree, and places a log across the tree high enough so the cat needs to step over it, he then sticks his trap on the upper side of the log. you'll need long enough chain so that the cat doesn’t hang himself by the foot (because its not a humane way to hold one). He uses this set because the snows typically deep here when its trapping season for bobcats, he catches a cat every year he trys to catch one.

Lyndeew2

Back to top Go down